Thursday, September 2, 2010

CVS Deal Alert for week of 8/29: Schick Intuition Razors UPDATED--one print per person

Edited 9/3 7:20 a.m. Please note this comment  from the CVS forum at We Use Coupons:  According to a call with Corporation regarding the Schick Coupon that has been discussed this week: "1 per customer REGARDLESS Of how it offers the print."

Alexandra, a Simply CVS reader and follower on Facebook, shared there about a great deal this week.  Schick manual razors are B1G1 free and Schick Intuition has a $4 coupon on their Facebook Page.  If they allow two prints of the coupons, usually they do (hit back, refresh, retry--just be sure they are unique coupons by the code numbers) you can use both on two razors as per the CVS coupon policy.**  Thanks, Alexandra.

**Edited 9/3 7:14 a.m. Please note:  I read something about this is supposed to be one per customer and forgot when Alexandra shared and I mentioned to print two--I am off to find the details and report back.  Sorry about that.

And by the way, if you aren't following Simply CVS on Facebook and you are on Facebook, I'd love to have you stop by and "like" Simply CVS--it's a great way to keep up with all the posts I put up daily.





Simply CVS is part of the grocery gathering at BeCentsAble.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both Walgreens and CVS have Renpure Organics shampoos and conditioners on BOGO this week for $6.99. When I was in Walgreens today, all the bottles of Renpure Organics products had hangtags on them featuring a mail in rebate (Try me for Free). The rebate states that when you send in the rebate with receipt they will mail you back the cost of the purchase ($6.99). So you get 2 bottles of product (normally $6.99 each) absolutely free!!!!

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

Great find, ScienceGeek. Rebates definitely increase savings. And I often forget I send them in and then am pleasantly surprised when I get them back.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl-
the coupon on fcebook can actully be printed a many times as you want
its just a regular print out. I gt about 10 :)

Anoushka

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

Anoushka, check them closely--I read something about that yesterday someplace in passing. I'll go find what I read to see what they were saying. I wasn't familiar with the coupon when I saw the thread. I think they were saying Schick said your name is on the coupon and they are actually copies and CVS wouldn't get paid for more than one per customer, I'll try to go find that and report back. Thanks.

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

Okay, I found the discussion at We Use Coupons . They called Schick because of being able to print so many and they say it is limited to one per customer, even if it prints more. I guess the name on it makes it one per customer. I have updated the original post and put up a new post with the info. sorry about that. Thanks for mentioning this, because it made it click in my mind that maybe that was the coupon I saw being discussed.

BargainBee said...

I've printed the Schick coupon and found that my name was written on the coupon image (on-screen) before printing, but the actual printout did not have a my name on it. I understand why it is confusing... it really looks like a regular manufacturer coupon that one would clip from a newspaper insert. I'm not sure if there is special coding on the coupon that truly makes it one per customer.

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

Thanks for the input, BargainBee, I didn't even print it out because I won't be back to CVS this week. I assumed it was a bricks coupon.

BargainBee said...

Nope, it's not a bricks coupon. Kind of interesting... you simply enter your info and "like" Schick, and the app generates an onscreen coupon image. You use the print command in your browser to print the coupon, which is why you could ,technically, print it as many times as you want.

I'm not too familiar with coupon coding, but it doesn't appear to have an "id number" like the Bricks coupons. If it isn't legit to print multiples of this coupon, then I'll limit my use to one, but I am curious about if it truly is one per customer (even though they called Schick) - lol!

The nice thing is that it doesn't expire until 12/31/2010.

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

Interesting, BargainBee. Yes, one person called (from the WUC site) and another (a member) emailed and they said limit one per person. But that could mean intent, not in reality like you are saying--Schick intends one per person but did not supply the coupon in a way to limit it to one per person. Does it say anything on it about one per person? sometimes they do say that at least. They will learn from this, I would think, to use one of the coupon printing services next time they offer something like this so they will be limited.

BargainBee said...

The coupons is for "$4 off your purchase of any one Schick Intuition Plus razor or refill" and the small print says, "Limit one per coupon per purchase as specified above." So, that doesn't mean one coupon per person, right?

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

No, it doesn't. Definitely sounds like one per purchase like normal coupons. And if they are not coded in any way (it would be somewhere other than the UPC) and does not have a name on it, it sounds like they are all the same and it has become a marketing nightmare for Schick because they assumed each person would print one, even though they did not offer it in a form that limited a person from using multiples.

There are areas in couponing, like that, that each person has to decide for themselves what they will do with the information they have. Those who printed them and did not read on any blogs or couponing boards that Schick said they intend one per person would not even have that information to make a decision on other than how they printed them and what they say on them. Those of us who have read it can decide what to do about it--I know many on the coupon board (they have removed the comments) were going to use what they printed, many returned razors they already purchased with them, some are contacting Schick themselves and many are limiting themselves to one print. Where the lines are blurred it is all open for interpretation.

Well, for some reason I am rambling on about all of this. Thanks for clarifying the information from the coupon--it can help others if they are just seeing this all for the first time. I appreciate your comments concerning it.