Monday, August 30, 2010

CVS Scanner & Register Coupons Week of 8/29/2010

Here are the CVS scanner coupons we got the week of 8/29.  Nothing too exciting and not much, but I always hang onto them just in case a future deal appears.  If you got anything different please leave a comment letting others know.  It helps to know what you might be getting.  These CVS coupons often coincide with upcoming CVS deals, so hang onto any you don't use this week.  And remember, they can be combined with manufacturer coupons for an even bigger savings--often making "money" on the deal.  Remember to scan your card until it says you


have received all the coupons available to you today.  The last two are usually CVS brand products and each card will get these.  The other coupons are often based on past purchases.


Two coupons each card should get (these print last--so keep scanning until you receive these and you will know you received all there is for your card):
$1/2 CVS Brand paper Plates, Napkins or Paper towels
$.75/1 King Size Snickers Almond, 3 Musketeer or M&M Peanut Butter (these are $1 this week so $.25 after coupon)  See details about how to use these on an extra buck deal for the week of 9/5


Other coupons we got:


Free Beauty Charm with $15 or more Beauty Purchase (this is in the ad this week and it indicates everyone will get one of these--here is a link to CVS.com with the details about the charms)
$10/1 CVS Trueresult meter and CVS Truetest strips (50 ct)
Buy 4 boost 6 Packs get one free


Here are a couple of others some couponers on We Use Coupons are reporting receiving.

$1.00/1 Colgate Advanced 5.8oz
$5.00/1 Zyrtec Product



What else did you get?

Save for College with Upromise - Shop and Earn Towards College Education by linking your CVS card.  It's free!!  See the details in this post.


Simply CVS is part of the grocery gathering at BeCentsAble. 

10 comments:

dot said...

Today was my first time to try the scanner and I was very disappointed. The thing was not working and according to another customer and the clerk it hardly ever worked.

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

Oh, Dot, how disappointing. Most coupoons will print when you check out, but the two that print each day of each week that often net some great deals will not. If you keep trying and it is always down (usually it means it is just out of paper) talk with the manager and if after a few more weeks it still is not working, I would suggest calling customer service about it. CVS really pushes the use of these machines and wants them working.

I hope you are able to use it. We didn't have one for a long time and I always read about the deals others got and I was so disappointed. I actually called CVS and asked if I could request one. I don't know if it made any difference but we had one within two months time and the district manager had his assistant call and talk to me about it. Now it is the first thing I do when I walk in--scan my card.

dot said...

Thanks. I'll try that.

J Rodney said...

I try to scan it, whenever I'm even just passing by, but nothing good comes out of our scanner.

Melissa M. said...

Today I got $4.00 of huggies diapers and wipes. I'm really hoping there's a good sale coming up :)

Taika Maris said...

@Dot

Cheryl is correct about corporate pushing the use of the coupon machine. There is some amount of coupons they want redeemed out of the number printed or something. I don't where the metric is but my manager has talked about it and most of the front store staff that work full time know how to change the paper or reboot the printer.

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

Ah, Melissa, that would make a great combination and especially since you can use a manufacturer coupon, too.

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

Thanks, Taika, for chiming in here. I had been told the stores are actually graded on how many cards are scanned and how many coupons are redeemed. Since I like my store so well I always try to tell customers about the scanner or if I see them buying something I know the scanner is giving a coupon for I tell them about it--figure it might help my little store out some.

Stephanie said...

I received a CRT coupon today for $6 off Prevacid 24HR OTC. I was able to pair it with a $10 IP for a great deal on the 42-count package for my mom!

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

Wow, Stephanie, that is a huge savings! Love to be able to combine coupons.