Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Couple of Interesting CVS Shopping Trip Transactions the Week of 8/29

I posted my regular CVS Shopping trip post already, but I wanted to share two other transactions from our trip 8/30.  Because my mom planned to get her flu shot at CVS and my area had the free flu shot when you buy $30 of P&G items listed I decided to use her card and get her $30 worth of free stuff since she would be paying $29.95 for the flu shot anyways.

This is what I picked up for her and the coupons I used.  I didn't use any of her extra bucks since she didn't have
many, but did use CVS gift cards earned from new prescriptions.

1 - Pantene Curl Mousse @ $3.49
4 - Crest Toothpaste @ $2.75 [used 2 $.50/1 and 2 $.75/1 coupons from P&G Sunday inserts]
4 - Dawn @ $.97 each [used 1 $.25/1 coupon from  P&G Sunday insert]
2 - Bounty Basic 8 roll packs @ $5.97 each [used 2 $.25/1 coupons from P&G Sunday insert]
     These 11 items took me to just over $30 before coupons.
1 - Lumene face cleansing cloths @ $3.29 [used 1 $4/1 any Lumene face CVS scanner coupon]
     CVS scanner coupons will scan for the full price even if the price of the item is less than the coupon as long as you have enough in your order to cover it--so I received $.71 overage that was applied to the total.

After coupons and tax the total was $28.64 and it showed I saved $20.93.  So for $1.31 less than the $29.95 she would have paid for a flu shot she received the flu shot and all of the above.  This is another example of the amazing savings that can be found at CVS.  And below is another.

My daughter found this deal using just CVS scanner coupons.  She had a $4 Lumene face coupon just like the one above and was getting the $3.29 face wipes so was looking for what could be done with the extra $.71.  The scanner was printing $.75/1 King Size candy bars which included 3Musketeers that my husband likes and we always put one in his stocking so she grabbed one of those that were on sale for $1 this week or $.25 after coupon and she still had $.46 left to spend.  She had a $.50/2 M&M pretzel scanner coupon from last week and they are on sale for $.50 this week so she grabbed two of those which would be $.50/2 after the coupon.  So here is the transaction:

1 - Lumene face cleansing cloths @ $3.29 [less $4 CVS scanner coupon] -- for her sister's stocking
1 - King Size 3Musketeers bar @ $1 [less $.75 CVS scanner coupon] -- for her dad's stocking
2 - M&M Pretzels @ $.50/ea [less $.50/2 CVS scanner coupon] -- for the kids' program at church
The total was $.12 (which included 8 cents tax) and the receipt showed a savings of $6.72.

So you can see that CVS has amazing deals even without extra bucks and manufacturer coupons.  But if there were manufacturer coupons for the above deal they could have been included, and more items would have had to be purchased to cover the overage.

4 comments:

SuzyQpon said...

You are a wonderful daughter!

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

Well, thank you, SuzyQpon.

Anonymous said...

I bought a $5 prescription used a coupon for $25 GC, got GC, bought 1 Tide, 6 Dawn dish soap, 1 Dawn Essentials dish soap, 6 Tampax, 1 Always pads, used $1 Tide coupon, 6 25 cents Dawn coupons, 6 $1 Tampax coupons, 1 $1 Dawn Essentials coupon, 1 free Always pad coupon, Total was $14+ and used GC so no OOP ($5 for prescription) and scored free flu shot! Still have left over on GC for another purchase.

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

Grrreat deals, Anonymous. I don't know if I will EVER get used to reading all these free things people get. It never ceases to amaze me even after doing it for this long.